Saturday 2 July 2016

Reading Up

I'm currently reading Paul Do's book "I Buy Houses". It relates mostly to investing in housing and since I'm intending on turning my live in home into an investment I feel like it's something I should take into account when considering my options.

I wanted to put in a particular quote that I just read which resonates with me. It's in a section entitled 'watch out for hidden agendas' and explains my property group to a T.

"Watch out for hidden agendas"
Although real estate spruikers explain that it is the land that appreciates while the building depreciates, they do not explain why they only spruik new townhouses and apartments...the reason is that the developers pay them a marketing commission for each property they sell to their clients.

He suggests that you balance their advice with your own due diligence and a real estate agent's advice on the established units in the area.

Food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment